Course Resources (2012)
There are three course resources for the 100EC. They are:
1. Garmin TCX course – this file can be uploaded to your Garmin watch
2. Cuesheets – there are 4 of them; these files provide screenshots of the entire course by segment
3. Crewing Tips – this file provides an outline of the information that you can pass to your crew team. It contains the the physical address for each station, substation and meet me location as well as other important information.
Note: Some of these files are very large. So, please be patient as they download. Send an email if you have questions http://www.100ec.org/contact-us
Also, you can review the full course in detail here.
How to Download the Garmin Course File
I recommend a Garmin 305 model.
1. If you haven’t installed the Garmin Training Center software, please do so first following the directions from the manufacturer.
2. First we need to delete all of the courses on your Garmin Watch.
Note: If you just bought your watch or have never loaded a course before, you can safely skip this step.
On the Garmin 305 model, you can delete the courses by pressing: Power (to turn it on), Mode (twice) in order to get the menu (your screen should say History, Training, Navigation, Settings), Down arrow to highlight Training, Enter to select Training, Down arrow (twice ) to highlight Courses and Enter to select Courses . If you don’t have any courses, you can move to the next step. Otherwise, press Enter to select the course, then Down arrow (4 times) to highlight Delete Course, Enter to select Delete Course, Down Arrow to highlight Yes and Enter to select it. Continue deleting other courses if you have them.
3. Now using your computer, open your browser (Internet Explorer, etc.) and type in the following address. http://100ec.org/docs/100ec10b.tcx
4. You should see something like the following.
5. Now, you need to save the information to your computer. Using the mouse, select File > Save As… (this is the procedure for Internet Explorer). Save the TCX file to your Desktop (or somewhere you can find it later). Press Save.
6. Next, plug your watch into your laptop using the watch cradle and USB cable. When I do this, the Garmin Training Center automatically loads. You may need to open the Garmin Training Center manually (something like: Start > Programs > Garmin > Training Center).
7. After Training Center is done synchronizing your watch, press OK using the mouse and then select View > Course. I recommend that you delete any existing courses at this point. The 100ec course is will take most of your watch’s memory. To delete a course, select it with the mouse and press the Delete key on your keyboard.
8. Next, select File > Import to Current User Account > Courses….
Note: You may need to change the Files of type dropdown at the bottom of the screen to specify Garmin Training Center Database Files (*.tcx). You won’t see the file on your desktop until you do this.
Now, select the file that you downloaded from the Internet and press the Open button. OK. Now Training Center knows about the 100EC course. The next few steps will get this file on your watch.
9. Click on the words “100ec10b” in the upper left. OK. Just one more step!
10. Select File > Send to Device… If you get an error, it is most likely that you have not deleted all of the courses on your watch first. Repeat step #2 and then pick it up again with step #6.
How to Use the Garmin Course File
1. Turn watch on
2. Press the mode button until the screen displays History, Training, Navigation, etc.
3. Select Training with the up/down arrows and press enter
4. Select Courses and press enter
5.Select 100ec10b and press enter
6. Select Do Course and press enter
7. Now press the mode button until you see a triangle in the middle of your screen. If you are near the route, you would see it as well.