100 Mile Endurance Challenge (EC100) Training Runs Announced
We are beginning our training runs a little earlier this year since our little EC100 is only 4 spots away from being SOLD OUT. If you know anyone who is thinking about registering, please let them know. Grab your calendars and read on…
In the run up to the 100-Mile Endurance Challenge (http://100ec.org) on October 20-21, 2012 we will be hold training runs along the actual (new) course. These are great for people who want to learn the course with a group and guidance from folks who know the course. In all, we plan to run four (4) 25-mile segments during the month of July in the early morning to (hopefully) avoid the heat.
You don’t have to sign up for the race in order to participate. All runners (that is, all runners who, for some reason, want to run 25 miles through the city) can come.
It is actually a very good idea for one of your crew members to join you in the training runs to learn the course, as well.
This time, we will be running the first segment from:
100 Mile Club® Offices
507 South Vicentia Avenue
Corona, CA 92882
3000 W. Chapman Ave.
Orange, CA 92868
All RSVPs are handled through event listings on our Facebook Fan Page. This event is free. But, you must RSVP for each training run through our 100EC Facebook Page event page (pretty easy). They will each be listed as a separate event. You can register/RSVP here.
Mark your calendar for these upcoming runs. As always, these dates may change…but probably not.
July 7 (Sat) – 7am – Segment 1
July 14 (Sat) – 7am – Segment 2
July 21 (Sat) – 7am – Segment 3
July 28 (Sat) – 7am – Segment 4
- We ask that runners target a 13-15 minute/mile pace (roughly 6 hours). If you don’t think you can manage this pace, we would ask that you start the course early so that you finish at about 1:00pm.
- We will need at least two volunteers to meet runners at the end point at 6:15 am and transport them to the start by 7am. We will need one additional volunteer to drive the first set of volunteers back to their car when we are done. If you don’t want to run, you can still volunteer to meet the runners in the middle of the course. Depending on where you live, volunteering could actually be to your benefit. If you want to volunteer, please mention this when you sign up or send me an email. I will send out emails to the runners if I don’t get enough volunteers.
- There will be water along the way. But, you will need a water backpack or two hand-held water bottles. Bring a hat and sunscreen. We may have help, but assume these runs are self-supported. So bring food, cash and moleskin (for blisters) as well.
- We have limited the number of runners to 12. Therefore, please RSVP (don’t just show up).
- If you have signed up and can’t make it, please cancel. You can do this through the FB event or just send me an email (even if it’s 5 minutes before we start running… I will be checking my email from my phone). Otherwise, we will be waiting around for you to arrive.
- All RSVPs are handled through meetup.com. This event is free. But, you must signup with meetup.com (pretty easy). You can register/RSVP here.
- These dates are subject to change, but they probably won’t.
- If you are from out of town or can’t make these events, please consider running something like this in order to build confidence and endurance. Our goal is for everyone to finish!